Ginger is one of my favourite spices. Usually I like to pair it with cinnamon to make sweet treats, but it’s also really great in savoury dishes too. This recipe combines chicken and ginger for an Asian inspired dish that is perfect for a quick-to-prepare weeknight dinner.
Besides tasting amazing, ginger also has many health benefits. Ginger has anti-nausea qualities, aids in digestion, is an anti-inflamatorant, and boosts your immune system. Pretty amazing what a little spice will do!
You can serve this chicken over rice, on it’s own with steamed vegetables, or with quinoa. It also tastes great cold and cut up on your salad the next day!
- 4 chicken breasts, or 8 chicken thighs
- ¾ cup tamari sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine all ingredients in an over safe dish. Stir to coat.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove lid or foil.
- Turn chicken and return to oven, and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, or over a salad.